So you live in Chicago and you are interested in Krav Maga. It looks like you have already done your research on which martial arts is the best when it comes to self-defense because you have made a good choice.
The only problem is that there are only 4 Krav Maga “studios” in Chicago that I know of and it was really hard to know which one is the best.
Before I delve into this article, it is important for me to state that I am not affiliated with any of these schools. So if you decide to join one of them after reading this article, then I will not earn any money from them.
This will also strengthen my unbiased look towards each school.
All 4 of these schools looks great and the only thing that might make a specific school stand out is the monthly price or the price that you will eventually pay per class.
Sometimes you have to evaluate how much it will cost you per class which is the true price that you will pay in the end.
I must also add that my rating is based on the diversity of the programs and not the actual quality of the training itself.
So without further ado, let us start with the first one.
#1 Krav Maga Force
You can follow through to their website by clicking this link.
Krav Maga Force is an affiliate of the Krav Maga Alliance group. They are located at 1043 W. Madison Street in Chicago. They are also being run by a group of instructors that has decades of experience behind them.
The programs they offer
They have a total of 7 programs available which will cover a large variety of needs that must be fulfilled. I will go through each one below:
- Krav Maga. This program covers a large variety of classes which will be suited for children and teens, women, law enforcement, VIPs, and corporations. They also have a 5 level belt system which will represent your skill level.
- Young warriors. This program is mainly for children from the age of 5 to 14. This will help them to develop physical and mental strength and also how to protect themselves.
- Defence lab (DNA Fight Science Program). This is a very radical program which helps to unleash and develop the primal self-defense instinct that has become dormant in today’s current society.
- Strikefit Challenge. This is an 8-week program that involves setting goals and full body workouts. There will be before and after measurements to measure the progress and a diet plan that will help you to succeed.
- Fitness Programs. The fitness programs will include Strikefit, forcefit and fightfit which will range from heavy bags, interval training and striking to improve fitness.
- Private Training. This will provide one-on-one training with one of the instructors and also consists of group training as well.
- Corporate Workshops. This is a workshop that is perfect for small businesses, organizations, corporate groups and clubs as well. Here they will either work alone or as a team to reach their goals or to defend themselves.
#2 Titan Gym
The Krav Maga training center Titan Gym is located at 2256 W Belmont Ave in Chicago. They have a long list of instructors where each one will have one or more specialties.
If you would like to visit their website, then you can click on this link.
What programs do they offer?
They have a total of 5 programs that will include Krav Maga, Kids Martial Arts, Adult Martial Arts, Fitness Classes, and Yoga.
- Krav Maga. This has an amazing way to boost confidence and to help you to get faster and stronger. Krav Maga is also the worlds most effective self-defense system. They offer classes that have a 60-minute interval which is best suited for people 13 and older.
- Kids Martial Arts. They will learn a combination of mixed martial arts and Krav Maga which will be divided into 3 groups. These groups will include Titans Pre-K (Ages 3 to 5), Tiny Titans 1 (Ages 5 to 12) which include levels 1 and 2, Tiny Titans 2 (Ages 5 to 12) which are for level 3 students.
- Adult Martial Arts. There are 5 styles which will be included in the adult martial arts. These styles will be Savate, Kali, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Jeet Kune Do.
- Fitness Classes. The fitness classes will have some boxing and high-intensity workout. Weight lifting and boot camp training will also be included.
- Yoga. They have 5 different type of yoga which will include the following: Power Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Power Vinyasa Yoga, Yoga Sculpt, Vinyasa Flow Yoga and Yin Yoga.
#3 Alpha Krav Maga
Alpha Krav Maga is located in LaSalle Chicago, IL 60610. The instructor which will conduct the classes will be Master George Buruian who has a lot of experience and a decent track record when it comes to Krav Maga and self-defense.
They also have a free trial class which you can test to see if this is for you. For more information, you can visit their website by clicking this link.
The programs that they have will be Krav Maga, Core bag training, Weapons defense, Yoga Sculpt and Kids classes.
- Krav Maga. There will be 5 levels that you can achieve. Your reflexes will also improve through repetition where you will learn techniques. You will also reach a high level of fitness which will make a world’s difference in your self-defense.
- Core Bag. You will learn how to strike more effectively and condition your hands and wrists. Your core which consists of your abs and back muscle will also become much stronger. The cardio that comes with it will also help you to shed fat and increase your heart rate.
- Weapons self-defense. There will not be a lot of cardio or strength training, but more reflexes and muscle memory. Here you will learn how to defend yourself against weapons.
- Yoga Sculpt. This is another type of yoga that incorporates weights and poses that will improve your cardio and strength.
- Kids classes. Here the kids will learn a blend of styles and how to develop discipline and leadership skills.
#4 Krav Maga Illinois
Do not let the name fool you because they have a training in both Illinois and Chicago. Their Chicago center is located at 5201 North Oketo Chicago.
They also provide a free trial and you can visit their website by clicking on this link.
They have 4 programs
- Krav Maga. This is the only Krav Maga system that they have available to the public. They will also introduce 5 levels which will have the corresponding belt with a color assigned to it. Here you will learn how to strike, defend yourself on the ground or against weapons etc.
- Krav Maga Force Training. This program is designed for only military personnel and law enforcement. This training will also be given by a police officer who is also a Krav Maga instructor.
- KMI Boxing. They also offer boxing classes which will help you to develop proper techniques such as head movements, footwork, punch combinations and some sparring.
- Fit2Defend KO. This is a kids-only program which is designed to help against bullying. They have a combination of styles that will be mixed up to make sure that your child is bully-proof.
If you have already visited each of these 4 websites and you still could not make up your mind, then my advice is to test all 4 of them.
I think that most of them will have a free trial where you could participate in one class in order to look at the value of the training provided.
You can also later compare the price and the distance of each one.
Please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any experience with any of the Krav Maga schools.
Leave a Reply